Progress report

Well, a nasty violent virus got in the way of knitting the past few weeks…but I finished the Tofutsies socks (maybe tomorrow I will experiment with the camera)…finished half the Babies and Bears sweater and have probably a half of the other half done…and am up to block 6 on the Moderne Baby Blanket…

I have cast on the Trekking Natura (superwash wool and bamboo) that I picked up at Becky’s Grand Opening.  Very thin stuff…doing it on size 0s…72 stitches…hope it’s not too small…nothing too fancy…1″ of K1P1 ribbing followed by K5P1 for one row and K across the next…must.have.socks.on.needles….

Advertisements

Small steps…actual progress

Well, I am almost to the toe of the second Tofutsies sock…am hoping to have it done (and a pair finished!) by the end of the weekend.  The Babies and Bears sweater grows…in size and on me…neat construction.  I have decided that the hardest part of frogging is making the decision to do it in the first place…and I get better at it each time I do it.  With this almost bulky weight Manos, I took a size 3 needle and made a lifeline at the top of the sleeve and ripped back…worked perfectly.  I can remember times when I just ripped all the way back to the cast on because I was not adept at picking up the stitches from the right row and would get veryvery frustrated.

I have moved from block 4 to block 5 on the Moderne Baby Blanket and I have finished one whole set of pattern repeats on the sleeve (swatch) of the Men at Work sweater…one more repeat of the working men themselves should be enough to complete the sleeve…

I’m going to go work in the garden now…they are saying 80 today but 58 and drizzly by Sunday…sigh…

Small progress on several fronts

I “took the afternoon off” yesterday to watch my beloved Phillies finally win a game…took them ten innings (extra knitting time!). Got a few rows done on the Tofutsies sock that I took out of my purse to work on (it is my carry around project but it was feeling neglected because we haven’t been out much where I could knit lately). Got several rows done on the Moderne Baby Blanket. Got several rows done on the Babies and Bears sweater (take two…or three…or four). Got several rows done on the sleeve of the Men at Work sweater…I am up to the orange traffic cones…figured out I am getting stitch gauge but not row gauge…not sure that makes much difference other than more repeats of the pattern and carefully attention where things are not given in length measurements (and I am not sure there are any in this pattern but the hot spots are often sleeve hole length (this is a steeked sweater so that gets controlled by yours truly…uh oh…could be a problem :>)) and neck hole sizing…we’ll see… Probably does mean more yarn…aw…an excuse to go to the new LYS again…yeeeeeeeHA!